Frank P
(Veteran Storm Chaser)
Thu Sep 26 2002 07:07 PM
Cane/HF

Caneman.... yeah, among other a couple of other things, hehe

HF... all in all not bad... everyone really surprised with the height of the surge, me included... probably a lot more damage than was anticipated, all water related, numerous business south of 90 had 2-3 feet of water in them.. should all be cleaned up in a couple of days... winds probably did little if any damage... maybe a few shinges blown off roofs but that's about it...

Elena had an 8 foot surge... got to the base of the seawall in from of my house... Izzy got to second step and water was splashing onto the highway... this is the first time since Camille that this has happened in my area.... surreal seeing water that high, piers strewn all over the place, and water splashing onto the road

Final note: Izzy didn't reach hurricane status relative to wind strenght, but it CERTAINLY did relative to storm surge in my area... he put on a darn good show for me. As TS goes, I have to give him an A+ for sure

One thing for sure.... this web site is one of the best for storm information, analysis, and forecasting opinions...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center