HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Sep 27 2002 12:03 AM
observations

i see a few rogue thunderstorms trying to form along swirl bands west of the center.. despite the shear. THAT'S new. shear doesnt look nearly as overwhelming as earlier, and the center is definitely not racing anymore. dont think it will intensify much for the next 24-36.. once shear lets up i'd imagine it will deepen at a more typical pace. long range stuff is a mix of into mexico and into the gulf... if you discount the globals that keep taking it north across haiti (discounted). i'm guessing it will skirt jamaica as a tropical storm tomorrow night and be in deepening mode closer to the yucatan by late sunday. dont buy the fast-west option. intensity and evolution of synoptic features vary on different models, so i wont bother making any best guess tracks, just the general corruption of the nhc official. by the way.. if shear and upwelling dont kill kyle.. i dont know what will.
wave off of africa.. plenty of convection, but not much rotation to it. slow developer if anything, and history favors quick recurvature if it develops very far east of the islands.
fsu.. louisville...!!! those are the kind of upsets i passionately dislike..
HF 0405z27september

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center