Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Fri Sep 27 2002 12:13 PM
Indeed looks like another Gulf system...

00Z globals have all changed their tune. I had her pegged as an eastern Gulf storm on Tues. or Wed. but it may well be a Central/Western Gulf storm. It appears that a blocking high will be in place when Lili is at 85W with another building in from the W (models are predicting trof between the two to be fairly weak). I like my seasonal Mississippi idea, but I think Lili is 150 miles east or west of Isidore's landfall in Lafourche Parish. This means a) A landfall in SW LA or N TX or b) a hit from Pascagoula to Panama City. Seasonally, this should be another LA/MS boder storm because that's where all of them have come in.

I'm going with a Waveland/Henderson Point, MS landfall and effects from Houma (pron. HO-ma) to Destin. In this scenario, beach erosion should continue along the FL and AL shores - not something you guys are anxiously awaiting.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center