joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Sat Sep 28 2002 10:05 PM
Re: Question

>>>No, you on target<<<<

Man I hate it when I type like that. Makes me wonder if I've really spoken english all these years. Still can't spell.

In defence of Lili and how she looks, the area she's sitting in would be murder on a fully developed hurricane. All the land that she's in the middle of is mostly pretty rough country and if she passed over western Cuba, it would more than likely be the end of her. If she continues a NW to WNW track, she could start to wind up.

Thought since were pasing the time with numbers I'd throw these out there:
Isidore ended with a total of 78 public advisories being issued, 41 full, and 37 of the tweeners.
Kyle has had 33, all full.
Lili has had 48, 29 full, and 19 tweeners. The in-between advisories are issued when watches are posted on any country or land mass.
As a matter of reference, Hurricane Floyd in 1999 had 67, 39 full, 28 tweeners.
Lili, since she's almost in the same spot Izzy was, and about in as much of a hurry, could break 100 before she's gone. I have no idea what hurricane holds the record.

Just passing the time........

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center