Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Sep 29 2002 09:02 PM
Re: Bastardi going with TX/LA...

Yeah, Joe B did a good job overall.... I guess it depends on how strong the high over Fl is going to get.... always possible for it to send the system to the TX/LA line... but this is not consistent with what climatology would do this time of the year... you would almost expect a northward turn for a tropical system in the GOM in October at some stage in the track.. I think it will be on the west side of NO, but not ready to say exactly where yet... I do believe that Lili will be a MAJOR storm, and possibly the storm of the season for the gulf coast... maybe Shawn will get his storm after all

Mary, I also agree with you as Izzy was a great storm as it relates to forecasting and overall hype....

Frank P

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center