joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 01 2002 06:18 PM
Re: moving over Cuba

Great to see the board back up and running. I really missed the 'I think it's moving north' posts last night. Felt like I was watching all this happening all by my lonesome.

Now.....I really do agree with a couple of things I just read here. One, she sure does look like she'd done away with movement at 300 degrees. Yes, I agree that it looks much more to the NW, in fact just took a peak at 2 pm update, and that's just about right. She also just became a Cat2. WOW!
As far as being further north then the models said, that's true with the global, but the GFDL is doing a great job on the 6-12 hour marks. But it still never, ever turns Lili north until after landfall, and it seems things are going to get a little suspect in 30-36hrs. Still takes her out past 93W. And the NHC seems to have fallen back in love with it again. If I was in NO, I'd be loading the sandbags right about now. Oh, by the way, yes to the jog north over cuba. I do believe it happened.

Is anybody else wondering why with far less than 72 hrs to landfall, and a Cat 2 hurricane speeding toward the NW, why the NHC hasn't at least already put up a Hr Watch?

Kyle may well cut across the gulf and take his show to Vegas. What a strange little storm he's turned out to be. Splits himself in two. Now that looks like the kind of storm that will come over and knock my garage down for me.

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center