Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Oct 01 2002 07:11 PM
Hum the Jaws Themesong...

du-nu. du-nu. du-nu. du-nu. du-nu...

Yeah, last update per WWL TV4 is 7 over, 5 up. That's a shade closer to NW than WNW but would still be considered WNW with the overall track. People are obviously getting a bit more nervous here than they were for Izzy. General consensus is that in order to get out, you're going to have to leave sometime in the wee hours tonight! Unreal. St. Charles Parish (1 over to the west from me in Jefferson) has already cancelled school until further notice. I'd assume Orleans and Jefferson will probably do the same. I got some windows to board up tonight and some beer to purchase. I tried to talk the old lady into blowing out of town, but she wasn't biting. It seems my fascination with storms has become somewhat contageous. That's a far cry from her stark-raving-made insanity when Georges was heading this way. I guess she figures if I don't care, she don't either.

Bah. I'm drinkin' anyway.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center