joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Tue Oct 01 2002 10:04 PM
Re: Climatology

>>They did include Houston/Galveston to New Orleans further down the Discussion.<<

Yes, they did, and they have for the last day or so. But don't you really think that the discussion is aimed at the local forecasters, who put out the information to the pubic? Trust me, there are people who don't even know there's a storm coming yet. 1 person in __,000 has read a NHC discussion.

My point is this: put up a hurricane watch, go 12 to 24 hrs, then drop it to a TS warning when your'e etched-in-stone sure that you have it right. That's still a full day out, and would make the people in the warning area take it that much more to heart if they felt that the NHC was that sure of the landfall.

My real hope is that the NHC has this thing pinned down as much as they would make me think. I would hate to see them be wrong, because we're not talking a what-if deal (what-if Izzy had made landfall as a Cat3), we're talking the real thing now.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center