Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 02 2002 01:16 AM
Yeah you right, Richie...

HF - for the record, I'm sticking with my Iberia Parish/St. Mary Parish landfall call. That's further east than what they're reporting here on the news except that Iberia Parish was one of the first to announce actions. Perhaps those officials must read flhurricane.com, best forum on the web. I hope your intensity forecast is on the aggressive side, but I kind of get the feeling you think it's achievable. You've convinced me. Cat 4 seemed strong, but if Lili hits Cat-3 tonight, uh, I dunno man - there's 500 miles of Gulf ahead...

Richie - This is definitely the storm of the decade for whomever takes the hit. Local mets aren't even questioning that it's easy Cat-3. Mayor Nagin came on tv a few minutes ago and said that everyone in N.O. should immediately review all plans and get your stuff together. They also want everyone packed in case they tell us to roll out. There have been some rumors, and I guess the thing is, you have to be ready if there's a quick call to action as we already don't have enough time to evacuate the whole city. Fuggetabahdit.

Landfall destination determines what we see here in the City, but we could face extremely dangerous conditions being on the east side. How far east has a lot to do with it. I boarded up a couple of windows in my bedroom just in case. My biggest fear right now is the aspect of tornadoes in Metairie/New Orleans. But the further sw she passes the city, the easier we'll be breathing. She's got about 4.4 more degrees to bypass me to the south.

Good luck to everyone out there. I'm going to try to post, but I got a bunch of stuff to take care of for now. If they call a mandatory we probably need to get the kids out of town. So if I can't get back for a while after tonight or early morning, y'all take care.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center