HanKFranK
(User)
Wed Oct 02 2002 11:40 AM
storm of the century (Decade?)

ah, wouldnt go so far as that. the century is still quite young, indeed. btw steve my intensity forecast has been consistently too low. should be 105mph, 963mb right now if i was verifying.. 15mb and mph too low. incedentally i had it at the current numbers.. 120mph/948mb.. at 11pm eastern tonight. dont think the dry air entrainment will cause much of a problem, there isnt a heck of a lot of subsidence.. and what is there is mostly off to the left of the path. my beaumont/sabine pass landfall point is going to be too far west. looks like it's going in near the cameron/vermillion parish line. jennings, crowley, abbeville look to take the hardest hits.. core of the strongest winds should come inland between lake charles and lafayette. may be hurricane force winds as far inland as alexandria. the landfall zone isnt a heavily populated area, so total storm damage shouldnt be as high as if the storm went in right over port arthur or new iberia.
kyle.. where is that westerly push under the ridge? storm hasnt moved much in the last three days.. thought deepening would fix that. the official still takes it sw eventually.. will see.
HF 1540z02october

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center