Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Oct 02 2002 04:54 PM
Depends on where they are...

It doesn't mean a whole lot for me other than I'll be closer to the center (25-50 miles?) and likely to see a little more rain or wind. Of course he put out that information at 7am and obviously NHC did adjust their track a bit to the right. One of my attorney's down in Lafayette said they're reporting down in Acadiana that Intracoastal City is probably where it's going in - putting him on the East side. Lafayette is pretty high (by LA standards), but they're sure to experience widespread power outages and probable gusts to Hurricane force. Lafayette metro is about 350k (Lafayette, Broussard, Youngsville, Cade, Scott, Jeanerette, New Iberia, etc.) and likely to be the most heavily affected area as it looks now.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center