Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Wed Oct 02 2002 11:26 PM
Update from the City...

Last visible, I got the eye at 26.48, 90.24. Don't know how that corresponds to the 4pm advisory because I don't have another browser open. That's from the zoomed visible on Goes-8.

They are predicting TS force winds in here in the city beginning after 9 or 10 (possibly midnight). Definitely going to be some power out in the city! I lost my bag of AA's, so I gotta go dig in a little while.

Only Bruce Katz of ABC 26 (Cable #11) is playing the N'ward jog. It's pretty evident on his satellites that it's going between NW and NNW. Gut feeling is if this isn't a stair step, I'm too far west with Iberia/St. Mary, and maybejustmaybe anywhere from Port of West St. Mary to Terrebonne (Tera-bone). I still don't see a New Orleans hit. Only thing that would change with this type of jog would be putting the fringe areas west of Jefferson Parish (my turf) - say St. Charles, Lafourche, Ascension, Assumption, St. James Parishes could be on the edge of the Hurricane force winds.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center