HanKFranK
(User)
Thu Oct 03 2002 01:18 AM
the jog/admission

hey, in all fairness.. thought i should mention this. the nnw jog the storm took this evening has brought it much closer to the coast, cut down landfall time, brought the landfall point east. that said, i still dont think this comes close enough to new orleans to give them more than gale force winds and squalls. looks like the core goes through vermillion, iberia, st. mary parishes. so, in other words.. new iberia and lafayette get it tomorrow morning. this is a worse scenario than the cameron parish idea i had earlier.. of course not to anyone in lake charles or the golden triangle. steve in N.O has been calling this strike point.. he gets a cookie.
so there, i was wrong. he he. southern, not gonna argue with you... just saying you guys made a bigger deal out of this thing than need be.. it isnt coming for you, you arent going to feel much from it. rickinmobile.. does everything have an ultra dramatic conclusion, man? seriously, im trying to be dry and accurate (but not dull).. youre breaking the seventh seal in revelation. my head cant take all the hype. it just isnt going to hit new orleans, theyll get theirs some other time. this one is.. now central louisiana, it seems.
here's my 12 hour out forecast:
135mph, intracoastal city. center crosses marshes south of there starting around 9am and is up near abbeville around 11. i probably get within 20miles, certainty within 50. but i dont get a cookie.
sorry if i offended anyone earlier.. i'll try and not make generalizations. just dont be so ready to take offense, especially if something might not apply to you.
a'ite, nuff said.
HF 0116z03october
~12 hours to landfall
by the way, doppler gal.. you in enterprise?

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center