clyde w.
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 03 2002 02:40 AM
Re: the red stick

Noted that the pressure has climbed to 942mb, but the latest flight level winds are up to 141kts. I believe this is the highest found so far today. Looks like we'll continue to see some fluctuations til landfall.

I have an 18 month old daughter named Avery (who keeps me from posting most of the time). I noticed on my map of LA that there is a tiny coastal community called Avery Island SW of New Iberia (really tiny, on the north end of Vermillion Bay), so that's my call for landfall...Avery Island.

I hope for the best for those in the path...this is a city killer...ask the folks in Homestead or Florida City about it. Some communities name is about to become infamous for a reason they would just as soon forget...

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center