joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Oct 03 2002 06:11 PM
Re: lili shows sympathy

Glad to read things seem within reason this afternoon Some
flooding , power problems, and wind damage occur with every hurricane, but Lili, for whatever reason, didn't do nearly as much as could have been imagined. To all the folks in LA, hope you get back to normal just as fast as you can. We all need to make a living, ya know.

I thought about this for awhile today, and came to the conclusion that the NHC did alright with Lili. They really did almost peg her 48 hrs out, if not their errror wasn't by that much. I thought they took a big risk not putting NO under a hurricane watch, but they turned out to be right. I'm not going to take pot shots at them by saying something like "what if Lili ________?" because in the end Lili didn't. Nice job on this one guys.

I was going to write something about what seemed to me to be 'doomcasting' that was going on last night, but I've decided that now's not the time. Besides, since a huge disaster didn't play out before their eyes, they won't be here to read it anyway.

Great posts by just about everybody; I have picked up alot of good information and tips on this forum, I've really enjoyed being able to share my view of things with others, and have others share their's with me. I do hope that my poor attempts to use humor didn't bother anybody too much, I've just seen enough of life's bad days to know the sun usually manages to come up the next day.

Joe in Jax

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center