HanKFranK
(User)
Fri Oct 11 2002 02:11 AM
kyle perks up a bit

there is something that fairly resembles a cdo on kyle now, so i'm guessing that it will deepen some overnight and tomorrow. it's turning offshore a ways, not going to be passing directly over the coastline until some time tomorrow in south carolina. the pressure seems to have fallen a bit (buoy obs of 1010mb a bit west of the center). i suspect that as the gradient tightens north of the system, gale force winds develop north of the storm, a la bastardi, yada yada, ad infinitum. in florida there's nothing to fear, nor in georgia.. but up in the carolinas and virginia, probably some damp, breezy weather tomorrow into saturday. the equivalent of a fall noreaster, possibly.
as for the next storm being hedged on.. there is pretty good model consensus about trouble starting down in the sw caribbean and migrating nw late in the weekend into next week. how/whether to phase whatever may form up into our weather picture isnt really very clear on model runs, but with this kind of consensus i would expect to see marco going down there next week.
HF 0211z11october

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center