Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Oct 13 2002 06:34 AM
Get well soon ED...

And be sure to get the soft wipes, not the cardboard ones usually available in your hospital room.

UK MET looks pretty nasty for Long Island up through the Maritimes. I think we get at least a Cat-1 out of all this, and the good folks in SFL who have only gotten a few bands come through this year, might get a little tropical scare. We had our fill up here, so enjoy whatever you get.

Down the road, there are different solutions including 2 tropical systems, tropical system and nor'easter, big phase bomb. It's way too early to tell. Can't say I'm too happy about the cold front coming down though. We're not supposed to get out of the low 70's next week, and most nights will be in the 50's and 60's. I'll take that kind of weather in January, February and March, but OCTOBER? Brrrrrrrr. No thanks. Give me a 95 degree day anytime!

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center