HanKFranK
(User)
Sun Nov 17 2002 10:06 PM
Re: Interesting take on 2003 season.

the particular kind of el niņo we've got right now has the strongest positive anomalies, and source, in the central pacific. the signal off peru isnt all that impressive. so if anybody has the time or patience, take a look at years with developing la niņa that followed centpac el niņo events, get us some analog seasons to look at and digest.
if you're interested in what kind of winter we may get due to the el niņo signature, read the articles joe d'aleo at intellicast.com has posted recently. informative, with good data and graphics supporting the ideas.
gray faces the worst bust of a seasonal forecast since 1997. we get to hear the hair-pulling review in another week or two.
personally, thoughts are now advancing to whether i'll see snow when i go home this winter. i have an unfinished snowball vendetta against my brother and sister that knows no end. and my skull-headed snowman (he had icicle teeth!) last january was the coolest on the block.. until the sun wilted him and his head lopped off. anyway, i want more snow.
HF 0255z18november

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center