Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Dec 05 2002 01:30 AM
What's up guys?

I had to log in for this post. The New Orleans Saints pulled off the big sweep as predicted by yours truly. We may be a game back in the division, but we're 2-0 vs. Tampa Bay.

Hey C Bros, Kevin, Ed, HF and everyone who hasn't posted on this thread. 2002 was a great season for me and one I will remember forever. While I didn't see any hurricane conditions, I had all the tropical storm action I could want (well maybe not, but...). As noted throughout the season, I was in rain from at least 7 different storms. Sure, some of it was busch league, but there were some intense events too. I was most proud of the 3 disputes I had with the big dogs. I called Dr. Gary Gray in May or June on his east of the Outer Banks escape alley prediction. I called Colorado State on their numberforecast (mine was closer but nothing to write home about). I wasn't alone in that argument. I also enjoyed calling Bastardi on not changing his landfall/intesity forecast after it was very clear he had the Northern Gulf Coast underpredicted.

Mostly, it was cool spending the season with you guys. Special thanks to the Cornelii. I can't make any predictions on 2003 right now. There are variables that could go lots of different ways. Hopefully you guys will post stories and guru commentary as you run across them, so that we can keep up with some of the trends associated with the major contributing factors.

Oh yeah. Saints still play the Ravens, Vikes, Bengals and Panthers. We've beaten most of the big boys. We had the hardest opening schedule in the history of the NFL, but we prevailed. 49ers, Bucs 2x, Packers, and Steelers, all felt the wrath of the Saints. While every game is tough, we'll be 11-5 or 12-4 come playoff time. See ya there!

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center