Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Mon Jun 07 2004 12:08 AM
Re: florida repercussions

Just a word to throw in about the Florida thing. I'm already on record in the storm forum as saying we'll get wacked twice this year by a named storm, although my reason might be a little far-fetched. But we have been very lucky, and we're due for a bad day or two sometime in the future, much like the rest of the east coast and gulf. But we all are aware of the risk of living on a very low pile of sand that extends out into the very waters where these storms develop. It's not the smartest thing living in Florida, I'm mean geez, they don't even let us vote anymore! We never, ever, ever claim to be the brightest lightbulbs down hear, that speaking from experence.

I'm with HankFrank on nothing for the next week, maybe 10 days for me. We are really in a dead zone for storm development; the Atlantic is just locked up right now for at least a couple of weeks by a really strong high pressure pressing down from the north. But thats how it is most years anyway, right? So that leaves the gulf, which is almost no chance for even a TD for as far as models can see. It's going to be a slow start this year.

Joepub1

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center