MoparMitch
(Weather Watcher)
Mon Jun 07 2004 10:35 AM
Re: Heating up?

Agreed, activity this far east this early is, shall we say is intriguing. Nonetheless, what IS the same is the high west shear. For most this is a good thing, as it should curtail any major development, for us, it's a pity as we all love to see and track these storms. It's all OK, as long as nobody gets hurt.

mitch...

PS - You may be asking yourself, why is somebody from Atlanta so interested in hurricanes? I lived in South Florida for about 15 years, getting out a year before Andrew. However, my parents along with the rest of my family still live in hurricane prone South Florida. I had the pleasure of meeting with Dr. Neil Frank many years ago when he was top dog at the National Hurricane Center in the early 80's. My goal was to enter the field, but the real money is in TV, but I do not have the "TV Voice." So I enjoy weather from a places like this board. Many Thanks!!!

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center