Ed DunhamAdministrator
(Former Meteorologist & CFHC Forum Moderator (Ed Passed Away on May 14, 2017))
Sat Jun 12 2004 02:59 PM
RECON Plan of the Day

I'm a little surprised that nobody (except Cycloneye) picked up on this. Go back and look at the recon plan of the day. If TPC decides to send out an aircraft tomorrow afternoon, they will send it to 27N 94W - if development should continue, the second aircraft is heading for 28N 90W twelve hours later. That should give you a hint at the initial thinking regarding 'track' at NHC. The system would be moving east of the ULL and could even outpace the shortwave. It may not develop, but those coordinates should give some insight as to where NHC thinks the 'weather' will be going. Of course those coordinates will change if the system continues to evolve, but it suggests that I should adjust my thinking a little eastward
Cheers,
ED

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center