Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Sun Jun 13 2004 07:16 PM
Re: TWC 2:50 Update

YAY! /specialed

The 2004 season has officially started for me. I get excited when the countdown to June 1st is on. But the season never really starts for me until I see that first tropical raindrop. It happened about a half hour ago. I just finished cutting the grass and that first, sweet drop of 2004 tropical goodness landed on my head. It wasn't anything much. A NWward moving line had aligned a little to my north and west, but small, warm raindrops fell from dark grey clouds for about 10 minutes. It's thundering a bit now with tstorms to my north, west and south. So it's on. (Oh yeah, I drank some of it falling out the sky /ritual).

I like the look of the system this afternoon. It's been pesky all week. I gave it 50/50 and I'm still sticking with that. I've got the apparently-forming new center at about 24.12N, 93.06W and heading generally northwest still. There is another swirl around 25/85 that seems to be moving North at about the same pace.
----------------------------------------------------
Anyway, this frosty delicious Abita Amber was cracked open in honor of the real [tm] kickoff to the 2004 season. Whether anything develops or not, the tropical rains are here. Cheers

As for recon, they've been reporting back their positions. Chad over at s2k is posting as the raw data becomes available.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center