HanKFranK
(User)
Mon Jun 14 2004 06:07 PM
longshots/invests

93L is running out of time, and the environment hasn't improved. ready to say that it isn't going to develop. we've had more rain here in the last two weeks than the two months previous, and this system's distant effects should push that a bit higher. they threw up an invest 94L today east of the islands (second time this year); it's going to run into lots of shear in a couple of days, and is moving fairly quickly. haven't seen it on the models, but as some folks earlier have mentioned, its wave energy should have propagated as far as the gulf around the time the next trough split happens. that's way out.
interesting to watch, though undoubtedly non-tropical.. low is occluding northeast of bermuda. saw it on the models, noted it saturday.. thoughts on it same, chances so slim as to be negligible. there's a good lower troposphere vortmax in the convection to the south of it.. nothing on that though.
only real positive thing i have to say in the way of development is that the basin has that mjo/on look. sort of. there's an IR velocity potential loop somewhere (i think a cpc subpage), but it's slow and unreliable so i usually ignore it.
the level of activity we're seeing right now would probably spawn a storm or two, in august or september. in june it really does take a lot. by the way, watch that westpac typhoon. official has it deepening to near super-typhoon and heading for the south coast of japan.
HF 2208z14june

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center