LI Phil
(User)
Mon Jun 14 2004 08:09 PM
Re: My Two Cents Worth

>>> LI Phil actually came mighty close with his prediction.

So, I know I didn't "win". It's all in fun anyway. But a quick question. Is this going to be like the Price Is Right, where if no one actually gets the date right, is it the closest to the date, or is anyone who went "low" (remember those who would bid "one dollar" because they felt everyone was over?), i.e. if a system does get named before the next prediction, am I considered the victor? (I really don't care, but I'm just curious). Or is it closest to the actual date?

All day I tried to find a buoy with sustained winds of 35 or more and couldn't, but I would still think this baby had at least TD status. Not TS status, but TD status.

Anyway, thanks for the props. BTW, do you have an opinion about NHC basically dismissing NRL's invest call? I know there's a lot of shear out there, but shouldn't they at least think about a flight? Looked pretty healthy this afternoon.

Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center