rickonboat
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Jun 22 2004 02:15 PM
cat 5 Rick

The posts on global warming are all excellent, and I appreciate the input. I will however, offer this undeducated and totally unsubstantiated opinion.

Global warming is real, and will alter the climate earthwide....a few areas...such as Siberia, Russia...will welcome it...Islands in the South Pacific..that are losing land mass, will not...

It will become a major problem....and one we will experience more and more.....and soon realize is quite real.

The synopsis that the earth's ecosystem is a closed one is, of course correct. However, implications that balances and checks exist that make major changes unlikely is hopeful thinking.

in the last 20 years...I think 19 of them are the warmest temperatures recorded in history.

Big business, greed, and political mumbo jumbo will not save the earth and mankind from destroying the ecosystems. PERIOD.

Maybe a few cat 5's will wake em up...doubt it though.

Did anyone hear the rumor that the government tried to stop the "sensationalist" movie..."the day after"....granted, it was surreal...but the underlying message is real.

suprised so many of you are poo pooing the dire implications that global warming is giving us....

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center