LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jun 22 2004 02:30 PM
Lets end the Global Warming debate on this forum...

Cat V Rick and all other posters, I'll bet Ed would give "global warming" it's own forum. Here's a link to the EPAs site on it. I'm sure we could all debate the topic ad infinitum.

Here's a brief snippet from the EPA:

"Complex systems, such as the climate system, can respond in non-linear ways and produce surprises. There is the possibility that a warmer world could lead to more frequent and intense storms, including hurricanes. Preliminary evidence suggests that, once hurricanes do form, they will be stronger if the oceans are warmer due to global warming. However, the jury is still out whether or not hurricanes and other storms will become more frequent.

More and more attention is being aimed at the possible link between El Niño events – the periodic warming of the equatorial Pacific Ocean – and global warming. Scientists are concerned that the accumulation of greenhouse gases could inject enough heat into Pacific waters such that El Niño events become more frequent and fierce. Here too, research has not advanced far enough to provide conclusive statements about how global warming will affect El Niño."

Rick, I didn't hear that the government was trying to supress the release of TDAT, though it wouldn't surprise me. If there has ever been a presidency that Hollywood opposed more than this one, you'd be hard pressed to find it. Actually, I would think they would have been supportive of TDAT, as it is so far-fetched and beyond the realm of possibility that it would make the global warming crowd look ridiculous.

Back on topic, Joe B hasn't yet posted and other than some convection in the gulf, all seems quiet.

A quick shout out to Steve -- thanks for answering all my ??s on the previous page. You really know your stuff!

And, SC, nice diatribe on the weather. Good reading!

Peace & Out for now

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center