LI Phil
(User)
Tue Jun 22 2004 07:54 PM
HFs Post

>>> i was surprised by how many folks here have cared to look in to global warming and form an opinion--something substantive in the relative void (that's carefree people living unawares) between the green fringe (plus willingly sycophantic media outlets) and commercial lobbies (plus big business' silver-tongued p.r. people). well, i shouldn't be that surprised by the enthusiasm

HF, brilliant post as always. LOL. I "tried" to get the topic moved, but it seems this is the only forum where people consistently respond. And since it's slow, maybe Ed'll leave the posts here. You're right about the passion. I think we all acknowledge there is such a thing as global warming, but not to the extent of the tree-hugging hollywood crew portray it, and it is much more serious than the Limbaugh/Cheney/Bush folks would like us to believe. I for one do not believe that we'll be seeing any hypercanes in any of our lifetimes, and as HF so brilliantly pointed out on page 9, if it ever got to the point where we COULD have a hypercane, that would probably be the last of our worries.

OK, no more on GW (global warming not "Dubya"). I will reiterate that I bet it would make a good separate forum piece so Ed, if you think of starting something new...and want to start with the GW posts, go for it.

As "the topic is tropic", I don't think we're going to see much action for a couple of weeks, even with the accuwx info. A late start to the season doesn't mean a slow season, as several posters have pointed out. OK, that's it for now.

Steve H., echoing HF, no more on GW for today.

Peace & Cheers,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center