Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Thu Jun 24 2004 06:33 PM
Re: jb

Great posts Rob & Kevin. It's always good to see you guys on the web.

I pretty much agree with Rob. I think the MS/AL line across to Cedar Key is most likely to see an IH. In my guesscast, I had 2 named storm hits with the potential for a strong to intense hurricane between Mobile Bay and Panama City Beach. This was based on the 1995 analog and corresponding double whammy that Pensacola got. I had the West Coast of FL south of Cedar Key with the potential for 1 hit (a tropical storm or weak Cat 1). I also agree with everyone downplaying Louisiana. While we'll definitely see some effects this year (I've got 1-2 weak hits between Lafayette and Pascagoula), I doubt we're going to be the ones creamed.

Anyway, we're only 79 days until September 11th which, if memory serves me correctly, is not only the date of the attacks on the WTC, it's also the historical peak of the season.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center