Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sat Jul 03 2004 12:32 AM
Bring on the Weather!

How diatribe has life become with the sleepy seas giving nothing to eat up sound bites much less to start threads worth taking effort to join. And yet we seem to persist onward! Hence the title. Nature hasn’t been very forthcoming this season, but hopefully will start to show her womanly wiles by mid July. I’ve noticed that the upper level winds have started to become more favorable for some tropical development in the Atlantic, GOM, and the Caribbean sea, and it is here I have turned my hopeful eyes and thread. We all know that the peak for a showstopper has to make an appearance by August, and I would like to see some action well before then. I’m counting the eyes and crisscrossing all seas that July brings ‘em on!!

NASA GHCC Interactive Satellite images at:

North Atlantic Visible (Daytime Only), Infrared, Water Vapor

Some forecast models:
NGM, AVN, MRF, ETA ECMWF

DoD Weather Models (NOGAPS, AVN, MRF)
AVN, ECMWF, GFDL, MM5, NOGAPS, UKMET

Multi-model plots from WREL

Other commentary at Mike Anderson's East Coast Tropical Weather Center, Robert Lightbown/Crown Weather Tropical Update Accuweather's Joe Bastardi (now subcriber only unfortunately), Cyclomax (Rich B.), Hurricane City , mpittweather , Tropical Weather Watchers.Com (JasonM) Gary Gray's Millennium Weather, Barometer Bob's Hurricane Hollow, Snonut,
Even more on the links page.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center