LI Phil
(User)
Thu Jul 08 2004 03:30 PM
Re: 96L invest for system near Bermuda

Luis,

Thanks for the backup site. NRL always seems to be down. I'm quite surprised they gave an Invest to that storm.

GFS takes the remnants of 95L and moves them thru the islands to just off South Fla by early next week. Been watching that wave all week and still feel it's the best candidate for development. As JB said this am, right now it's heading for "no man's land" so no development for the next 48 hours or so.

96L will probably be picked up by the trof and make it's way to Merry England. BTW, Satellite pix of Western Europe show a pretty nasty storm affecting Great Britain...even has what looks like an eye and banding features. Maybe James can tell us all about it...but not in this forum.

Bobbi,

Ed EDits me more than anyone. Doesn't bother me, as he's only doing his job. And I think he leaves a lot more in than he could. I've said it before and I'll say it again, I am as guilty as anyone on off-topic posts -- I've tried to post them in the appropriate forums, only NOBODY responds. That's why I put 'em up on the main board and take my chances with Ed.

Ed's right about one thing...there are people who get upset when you DON'T edit. In fact, about two hours after John gave me moderator status, I got a PM asking me why I wasn't editing posts. So there are some on these boards who might take offense to what some of us have posted.

It's all about learning here, and our mutual love of the weather. I think Ed's much more inclined to let stuff stay on the boards in the slow times. Things are beginning to pick up now, and we'll have much more to talk about.

Well, I've said my piece. Ed - feel free to edit this all out if you want to. I'm not going to engage in any personal attacks or other retribution.

PEACE,

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center