joepub1
(Storm Tracker)
Wed Aug 11 2004 06:31 AM
Re: Bonnie Hangs On - Charley Intensifies (good thread name)

I hope no one starts a " it's jogged to the north...look out Miami" line. And this storm's name doesn't begin with an "A". This will be a E GOM storm, it's not splitting in half, it's right about where it was forecast to be at 16.4N 73.8W. It is still a tropical storm, it does not have an eye yet but it will. Jamaica has a problem, Eastern Cuba has a bigger problem, and the west coast of Florida should be ready for the worse case. In fact all of Florida from the SW corner all the way to the state line of Georgia should be ready for at least Cat1 effects at some point from friday till Sun/Mon. It's T-numbers held at 3.0 this morning.Bonnie's inched back up to 2.0, maybe this is her last shot at coming up with something to remember her by, otherwise she's a tight little ball of wind getting soaked up by the front.

But please give the Miami area a break; after living here for over 40 years, the last thing I want to see again is their whole freaking car-driving city on I-95 heading north so the rest of us are left with no options

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center