LI Phil
(User)
Sat Aug 14 2004 11:26 AM
joepub and wxwatcherdeux

>>> I ran into people yesterday who did not know, and a few who did not care that a hurricane was on the way. In their own state. Heading toward them. I'm still not sure how some people make it through life.

How poignant a statement is that? Scary. Would like to make a joke now, but cannot.

This is one f'ed up season already, and S. Floridians just may need to be on the alert for Earl.

Hoping the monetary damages are below 15 BILLION.

Now, I'm off to my beach where I'm already supposed to expect TS winds from Charley this evening. This monster is going to affect the whole East Coast, granted, FL west coast was the bullseye, the rest of us (not in FL) are the sloppy seconds.

Every one be safe, and we'll get back to normal soon

LI Phil

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center