Karen
(Registered User)
Sun Aug 15 2004 04:37 PM
Re: Preliminary Damage Photos

>>I ran into people yesterday who did not know, and a few who did not care that a hurricane was on the way. In their own state. Heading toward them. I'm still not sure how some people make it through life.<<

Boy, you said a mouthful! I work for a financial institution in Brevard county, and a woman told one of my co-workers on Friday "Since you all are closing early because of a rainstorm, I wanted to know if you would be open tomorrow. And are you going to close again if it rains on Monday?" When my co-worker told her, "Ma'am, were you aware that this is a category 4 hurricane?" she replied "Oh no it's not! It's only going to be a 2!" She was insistent on maintaining her opinion, even when presented with the facts! Now that I think about it, maybe she is married to OrlandoWaiting! Hmm... there have been no recent postings from OrlandoWaiting - perhaps he lost power from a storm that he was emphatic was "not a biggie" and would cause no "widespread damage"?

On a completely unrelated note, I wanted to say thank you for your wonderful site! I wish I had found it before Friday, but I'm glad I found it in time to help me keep track of Earl and future storms.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center