Hurric
(Weather Guru)
Wed Aug 25 2004 05:39 PM
Re: Spin off Fla

A close in homegrown area of disturbed weather has hung out near 30, 80 for last couple days along old frontal line. This type of weather lingering over warm waters, as mentioned by many, always needs to be monitored for development this time of year. Not sure it would be a coup for anyone unless they are forecasting a cane moving up east coast and impacting areas on the way.
It does look today like something is starting to spinup. I am looking at the twist near in clouds around 28.5, 79. I wish I knew if that spin is the "Vortex Max" mentioned in the Melbourne NWS discussion. It looks likely to track off to the NE and the open Atlantic. Hope it attains TD status on the way out giving us something else to track.
Hurric

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center