Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Sun Aug 29 2004 02:51 AM
Re: Gaston

I am watching radar on gaston in last hr, the NE eyewall has come together more.... looks like he may make Hurricane stats by mid morning or atleast 11:00... there is good banding around the west side to the south and the wraping around to the east is improving... i am impressesd on how close to the coast he flared up in a short time.... just makes me wonder down the road, if Frances gets into the GOM, the SSTs are alot warmer off the west coast of florida, then where gaston is right now (off SC)...Gaston blew up pretty fast yesterday and with the slow movement is still gaininn. Seemed like Charley took note of that after leaving cuba and strengthened very quickly just off the keys.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center