Colleen A.
(Moderator)
Mon Aug 30 2004 07:58 PM
NHC Track

I don't know if they'll make a major adjustment to the left, but based on those new model runs + their concern over the GFDL model run, they may move it a little bit back to the left. It has been going back and forth for the last few days, which is normal. Time will tell.

I checked out the UKMET run that was posted (by Phil I think?) and if that verfies than Florida is going to be one big mess. They still haven't finished cleaning up all the debris here, either...and there is plenty of it. It will be a knock-out punch for all three parts of the state -- east coast, west coast, inland and northern gulf coast of Florida.

Imagine all the people coming here for the end of the summer weekend...and how many more people will have to evacuate? Ok, well that's all speculation and I really shouldn't do that, but I can't help it.

I'm beginning to feel like Dorothy in Kansas. The 5pm & 11pm discussions will be very interesting. So will the new tracks. If it does speed up, we may be looking at trouble earlier than we thought.

Or not.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center