Rabbit
(Weather Master)
Tue Aug 31 2004 02:11 PM
Models

AVN forecasting Frances to take a Floyd path and on Monday has it hitting NC as a strong Cat III; also brings 97L to Ivan by then (this scenario brings minimal hurricane winds to my area on Sunday)

CMC forecasts Cat IV landfall at West Palm Beach

GFDL forecasts a Floyd turn, bringing 50-60 mhp winds to my area on Saturday, and Landfalling Sunday in South Carolina at 110-115 mph

JMA forecasts Cat IV landfall for Miami on Sunday
still forecasts something to break off to the east of Frances and form

UKMET forecasts direct hit on Cape Canaveral as Cat IV on Saturday (the last time that happened was 1926)

of these, 2 turn it north, 2 take it into south Florida, and one takes it over me

as Ive said with other storms, the AVN and GFDL seem to be the most accurate, so I am going to have to keep my turn to the north forecast

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center