Unregistered User
(Unregistered)
Tue Aug 31 2004 07:05 PM
Re: cat 5 soon

Well everything I have seen over the past hour shows Frances making a mnor jog northwestward and now continues west at this time. Frances continues to look stronger on satellite as outflow increasing to the north allowing Frances to strengthen again. I would epect pressures to fall this afternoon and winds increase to a strong Cat. 4(150 mph). I was thinking earlier that Frances was making its turn w-nw but simce its jog a definit west track has continued. I do agree Frances will turn w-nw as it approaches the Bahama's but again exactly where it makes the turn is very important. I still do not feel Frances will miss Florida but where in Florida is still unknown. My guess is still between WPB and Vero Beach. Like everyone else wait and see.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center