Ricreig
(User)
Tue Aug 31 2004 07:53 PM
Re: Site Performance

Quote:

Mike and the admins...i just want to say that this site continues to have good performance compared to S2K...i imagine that will change rather soon though.

I agree this site is super. Why are you saying 'change rather soon'?

Also, because this hurricane and it's effects are so important to so many people, and given the links here (and elsewhere) have and may continue to go down, I think it would be prudent for each member here to have an alternate site or two as a backup. If FLHurricane were to go down or be unreachable, where is the best alternate that gives the kind of data and expertise we see here. Certainly, the NHC site, but it doesn't tell us much about either the why or the alternatives. What URL's would you contribute for backup purposes? I hope this site does NOT go down, but I also hope my power doesn't get cut as this storm affects this area, but both events are likely....I know about generators and batteries, but what about good backups for this site IF needed. Lives could be affected by haveing good alternatives as this storm gets closer to whomever, S, Central or N, whomever ultimately gets the 'prize' of a Frances visit.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center