AgentB
(Weather Guru)
Tue Aug 31 2004 10:20 PM
Re: 5pm Discussion

Been watching this storm dilligently all day like most everyone on the east coast I'm sure. I went back and checked out the movement from Saturday to today. Obviously this storm has moved much further west than it has north, but the difference was very evident when I plotted it out. From 5am Saturday to 5am today the difference in movement was 2.9 degrees north and 11.5 degrees west. From 5pm Sat to 5pm today it's movement was 2.6 degrees north and 13.3 degrees west. I keep seeing the trof draped across the SE just north of Florida, and that high pressure ridge out to the east. For some reason I just don't see Frances taking a dramatic turn to the NW and continuing that trend. Obviously a NW turn, and continued motion in that direction over the next few days would put landfall anywhere from Melbourne northward. However, like I said I have a gut feeling this thing is coming in through south Florida. I think it's moving too fast west, faster than some thought it would be at this point in time, to make a very dramatic turn to the NW and head on the track that the NHC has right now. Just a hunch, but I also hunched that Charley wasn't going to make it all the way to Tampa, though that one was a little easier to call.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center