jlauderdal
(Weather Hobbyist)
Tue Aug 31 2004 07:52 PM
Re: getting stronger ya'll

Quote:

Quote:

First of all, it's y'all, not ya'll. Second, for long time readers and posters, rick has a long and storied history of seeing every storm at a CAT V strike on Mobile. However, for newbies, they might not get the joke and genuinely take the doomsday scenario to heart.

Sure, a blind squirrel can find a nut every once in a blue moon, but it's getting to be tired...quite tired.

Is Miami out of the woods...by no means...if it's in the "cone" (NHC forecast error track), then it's in play, and Miami is certainly within the cone.

The NHC has NEVER been that far off in the past several years, and I somehow don't expect that to change over the next five days. Could it track much further west than currently forecasted? I suppose it could, but I wouldn't bet a crow sandwich on it (BTW, does anyone have any new recipies...).

As I've been saying (and others) for the past several days, we will not have any landfall certainty (within 100-200) miles until tomorrow at the earliest, so saying Miami CAT V is as good as throwing at a dartboard.

Take rick with a grain of salt. It was really funny at one time, but, in light of the seriousnes of this storm, it's not anymore.

Now, of course, rick is going to come back on and say, "No, No, it's heading west so it has to be Miami...then Mobile". If you live in Miami, you could be in for some serious weather...I just think, as do most rationale posters, it would be from the west side of the eyewall and outward.

well if the forcasts has it up near mid florida and the margin of error can be 200 miles.. miami is not such stretch now is it.. i am no weather expert but i know how far vero beach is from miami...

trinjabe you are correct. Miami is way in play. If anyone dounts this look at that 84 hour eta and look at the euro and so on and so on and look at the latest gfs coming back west as will the gfdl which is run on gfs. Miami is far from stretch but jacksonville isnt either.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center