Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 01:19 AM
Re: Frances Locally

Quote:

Went out and about tonight checking things out. Some homes in the neighborhood have already started putting up shutters. Gas stations had lines of 10 cars plus. Stores packed and lines very long. Supplies dwindling quickly. The good news is that everyone in this area is taking the storm seriously. Local WPB tv stations now doing hurricane updates every 1/2 hour.

My take - Just remember that 90% of all major hurricanes that go through Hebert's box hit Dade, Broward, or Palm Beach counties down the road as major hurricanes.

SAM's here in Orlando just about out of batteries, the gas stations are mostly full of cars, some only have 'premium' left. This may be as much the 8c tax break the state offered through today (August) as preparation for the storm, but it does have the right effect...many cars will be nearer full than empty this time around.

As to the 90%...maybe this one of the 10% that MISS the Dade-PB county area?? For your sake, I hope it is....for my sake, I kinda hope it is the 90% 'cause I'll most surely be homeless on Sunday morning unless I can find the pieces of my trailer

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center