Steve
(Senior Storm Chaser)
Wed Sep 01 2004 04:03 AM
Re: recon

This one is for rickonboat. Hey Rick, check out the 00z run for the UK Met. Heh. It's a SFL hit followed by an "INTENSE" hit around Mobile Bay.

UK MET

As for the slowdown stall scenarios, that's bad stuff. That would promote some of the worst tidal flooding and storm surge in memory (both coasts).

Bastardi posted early (or is it late?) this morning. He's narrowed his landfall from St. Simeon Island to his prior ideas (NC). He just doesn't see the setup for the FL track, but it's almost like he's being stubborn. I guess I'm not one to talk since I have a landfall just a few hundreds miles south of his. He thinks the keys are 1) where Frances comes up in relation to the Bahamas (should it stay east, it's a farther up storm) and 2) Climo and the difficulty of hitting that part of Florida from the SE. Next setup (post Frances) should feature a backing trof (based on the ideas of Sondgra trending west with a retrograding ridge in the WPAC) and a high centered around 35-70/75 (Andrew setup). But there's nothing heavyduty in the pipeline so hopefully we'll escape that pattern.

Steve

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center