Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 07:44 AM
Re: 5AM updates

Quote:

The constant change of the projected path is driving me crazy.....:) Do any other Floridians feel the same way?

Quote:

The NRL just updated their track:
http://www.nrlmry.navy.mil/tc_pages/04_ATL_06L.FRANCES_ssmi_gif_full.html

Crazy, frustrated, a bit scared, certainly concerned, but having gone through Camille and of course Charley, I also know that worrying about it is futile and contraproductive. You and I and our neighbors need now to take ACTION. I have, hope it's enough (it never is as I rememberwell). Consider your surroundings and the robustness of your shelter...if in doubt, MOVE NOW, Friday and certainly Saturday will be too late. If the course chages and Orlando and the rest of Central Florida is spared, then it was a nice visit wherever you went, if your home is destroyed, a real possibility with CAT IV winds, well, at least your visit saved your life. Don't take too much time, coastal evacuations may jam the roads so bad you have no exit path if you wait. I wish you and the rest of my neighbors FARE-THEE-WELL my friends.

I personally am evacuating my trailer even though well inland (East Orlando) and am moving my belongings I can fit in a few trunk-loads to a 'real house', but a direct hit with CAT III or higher may not be enough, but it won't be from not having tried. I've evacuated 3 times previously from this tin box home of mine, and so far always had something to come back to and always wondering if I shuldn't have avoided the sweat and hassle of the evacuation....Not this time, I'm not wondering and I hope I lose the bet, but this time, the effort ahead of time will have been worth it. I'll be willing to bet *this* time, it is a good decision.

Charley taught many of the NON-MAJOR STORM survivors like Andrew, Hugo, Camille and of course Donna sruvivors what even a CAT 1-II hurricane can really do to a major city. If there is a God, and I think there is, He sent Charley to us to 'educate' the millions of Floridians who haven't been exposed to a real tropical event before, and those that had become jaded or ignored storms in the past. Most, learned the lesson so this time, when it is really, really needed, many will help ensure their own and family survival.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center