Ricreig
(User)
Wed Sep 01 2004 08:16 AM
Re: A98E model-backtrack

Quote:

Hey all. Been reading forum for 2 years, and decided to go ahead and join. I was wondering who else, other than myself thinks there is a strong possibility she could re-emerge into the GOM and cause a major problem for the N Central Gulf Caost? Say between NO and Panama City?

First, welcome. As to your question, we in the OFFICIAL forecast area should discount models for the most part and concentrate on the probable fact of a hit as forecast. However, I see you are out of the area so, models are still a useful tool. There are good and often reliable models that suggest just your scenereo, so, keep tuned to this bat-channel and start considering your options IF that model suddenly becomes forecast. By the way, wake my sleepyhead son who also lives in Mobile and tell him to sober up and watch the weather news <grin>.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center