Clark
(Meteorologist)
Wed Sep 01 2004 03:40 PM
Re:Frances and GOM

Frank P, I've been on the southern end of things for awhile now. There's a long discussion I wrote in the last thread (about 5-6 posts down on pg. 3) early this morning about the storm and don't really see a reason to deviate from that...particularly because that's been my thinking for a couple-few days now.

In essence, I do think it'll make the Gulf, with people from Biloxi to Apalachicola needing to watch it, but it's probably a NW Florida storm once out there, maybe as a cat 1/2. There are some parallels between this storm's track and Erin, although I think the initial landfall will be further south in Florida while the secondary landfall may be slightly to the east. Just my feelings as of now.

I'll probably not look at things again until late tonight, as I'm getting kinda drained and have work I need to get to.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center