h2ocean
(Weather Hobbyist)
Thu Sep 02 2004 03:03 AM
Re: Hurricane Watches up for the Florida East Coast

I put up all of the hurricane panels this evening...sigh, for the second time in three weeks. Never thought that would happen. This time I am leaving them up for awhile...don't care if the home owner's assoc. says anything! I live on Merritt Island between Melbourne and Cocoa Beach. We live at one of the highest points on the island would take a strong Cat 5 to flood us, and the house was just built to very strong standards and we have Cat 5 rated panels. We are planning to stay unless the eye is to pass very near. The way I see it...the entire east coast of FL is going to be on the roads. I would rather be in my strongly constructed house than stuck on the road...(when we left for Floyd it took 8 hours to go 40 miles to Orlando. And for all we know maybe Orlando will be hit worse than us. Guess I just need to wait to see what the track shows tomorrow night to make the final decision.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center