MrSpock
(Storm Tracker)
Thu Sep 02 2004 04:05 AM
Re: Up close and personal

I see 2, maybe 3 things that could account for the GFS forecast. The trough in New England is stronger on this model, therefore, it "pulls" it farther north, and I think the stretching on the sat pic is indicating that's where it would like to shift. There is a ULL in the E. Gulf, which is farther east than prior runs on the ETA. There is also a SW flow, albeit weak, in the Ohio Valley southward. Persistance forecasting would indicate the E. seaboard will be affected, as that seems to be the favorite track this year. Also, each storm has ended up further east than progged. I haven't followed this site much until now (sorry, forgot about it), but from a casual glance, it looks like the NOGAPS has been NOGOOD, the ETA needs time to pick things up, and the GFS has been better than the rest, but even it has been to far west at times.
I still think this makes landfall farther north, and affects more of the east coast. I am in NJ, and I think it will be visiting here eventually in a much weakened state.

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center