Londovir
(Weather Guru)
Thu Sep 02 2004 12:34 AM
Re: Current Traffic Counts

That traffic site is particularly telling; if it's not exaggerating numbers somehow, there's anywhere from 3-5 TIMES the average historical traffic on most of the northbound east coast highways yesterday. People are definitely getting out, which I think is a good thing. I was afraid after Charley that some people, despite the obvious damage we could all see, would also take the attitude of "the NHC says it's coming right at us, so it's going to turn at the last second away from us", and stay put.

Oh well, off to bed. Have to get some sleep before I start hopping hardware stores tomorrow morning searching for plylocks....

Londovir

Note: This is NOT an official page. It is run by weather hobbyists and should not be used as a replacement for official sources. 
CFHC's main servers are currently located at Hostdime.com in Orlando, FL.
Image Server Network thanks to Mike Potts and Amazon Web Services. If you have static file hosting space that allows dns aliasing contact us to help out! Some Maps Provided by:
Great thanks to all who donated and everyone who uses the site as well. Site designed for 800x600+ resolution
When in doubt, take the word of the National Hurricane Center